Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Best Husband Ever

I know those are hard words to live up to, but sometimes my husband just amazes me with his toughtfulness. For Christmas this year, he went out on a limb to get me started on something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

He bought me a bunch of stuff to start scrapbooking - but it wasn't without a purpose, and this is where the real thoughtfulness comes in... he did it all with documenting my weight loss surgery journey in mind.

He wrote to my family and very close friends about writing letters of encouragement to me - and had all of the letters he'd gotten back wrapped up for me to read on Christmas night when we opened gifts. (there was a complete waterfall of tears!!)

He also set up a non-food reward system for me as well - it goes all the way to my goal weight, but has various rewards along the way... I've almost earned the first two which will mean that I'll get a manicure and pedicure at somepoint in January.

I don't know how I'll ever be able to keep up with him and his amazing gifts -because last year he gave me "the 12 months of Christmas" which was a card that I opened every month with a different gift for that month - for instance - one month he gave me a week of not having to clean the kitchen. Another was dinner and a movie of my choice... and my personal favorite was September's gift which was a weekend of NO football!! Now that's the best gift EVER!

So this year he's outdone himself again... and a new hobby is born.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet and romantic, and I am sure you deserve every bit of it. That's pretty creative. Very cool ! He needs to teach some classes to other men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim that is so awesome. Jon is so thoughtful. I love the letter idea from your family, it must have been so cool to read what people thought.

    Love, Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed! Perhaps he could compile a tutorial for MY husband? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, Thanks for stopping by my blog....I wish you luck on your new surgery. I just completed my first year out and it was an amazing, funny, tearful and rewarding journey to say the least. I know the coming year will have lots of ups and downs for you but your health is the most important!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!