Monday, October 27, 2008

Staying the Path

If you haven't read yesterday's post - start here.

I must have been so moved yesterday by God's grace that I couldn't shut my head off last night - I stayed up until well after 2 thinking... tossing and turning. Then up again at 5 to get the week started.

I did really well with my eating today - I managed to keep myself away from Starbucks - on a day when caffeine would have really made all the difference... but God put a big line of cars in the drive thru - and I took it as a sign that I needed to just push on.

My calorie count is within my range, and I'm happy with it - I did have some hunger issues this afternoon, but I made the best choices I could and kept on moving.

I got all my water in today, which I think is a big step in the right direction - it certainly is the first thing to go when I start falling off the wagon.

My workout today was less than desirable, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it - I did the best I could, fought through the pain, and stuck with it for 30 minutes. I burned 220 calories, and normally I'd fight for 300+ calories... but the pain was too much for me today.

I see it as progress in that at least I was able to do the things on my list from yesterday, and even though I didn't do them to the best humanly possible - but if we started everything doing the best that human can possibly do... we wouldn't have anywhere to challenge ourselves to grow, right?

I started off my day this morning at the office by listening to Never Let Go a few dozen times - I hope that the words to that song stay fresh in my mind for many days and weeks to come.

Now my friends, I must take my bleary eyed self to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Starting over always works! We all have those moments where we need to get back on the wagon. For me, I have not seen the gym in four days, which is unheard of for me, so I am back there today...and after four days, it's gonna hurt.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good and strong and merciful and graceful - you are on an eternal journey that has more meaning than anything the earth could relate to you - your heart is open to God's voice and you will no doubt hear Him often - praying for you.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!