Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Blog/Recipe Swap

Hi Everyone! As promised, I want to do a fun swap with those of you that want to participate... and PLEASE pass the word on so that we can get as many participants as possible. My goal would be to pair people up based on location - it would be fun to get recipes from someone in a completely different part of the country and see how different it is from what you're used to.

So what I'm thinking is that we'll start with recipes - focusing on Fall and the holidays...

You'll send your partner:

1 (or more) recipe for a breakfast item
1 (or more) recipe for a main dish
1 (or more) recipe for a snack or appetizer
1 (or more) recipe for a side dish
1 (or more) recipe for a dessert
1 (or more) recipe for a beverage
1 (or more) recipe with your favorite item on your holiday table

Now, get creative - don't just type up the recipe... get crafty ladies. You can totally do something digital - if you're not a scrapbook person... but make it something fun and special. Add stickers, or whatever you want to jazz up what you're going to send. You could even include a story about why you love the recipe. 

Then I thought it would be fun to take it a little further... and send a little something special. I'll leave that up to you - please don't spend more than $20 at the very most. I was thinking you could send a scarf, some hot tea, cocoa, Starbucks card... something that brings a warm smile to your face and a virtual hug to the person that will receive it.

I hope that this will bless each of you as we start the Thanksgiving holidays and round into Christmas.

To join in on the fun, please leave a comment with your Name, a Link to your Blog, the State you live in, and your email address. Sign up for the swap by October 23rd. You don't have to have a blog to be part of this - it just helps people get to know each other a little bit.

We'll put our things in the mail by October 29th, and do a post about it by November 4th.

7 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower! Your boys are So cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up to join. I love to meet new people. I am a dedicated swapper on Swapbot and Ravelry. I do have a blog: http://knitterofhatsspeaks.blogspot.com
    Here is my e-mail: avennett AT verizon DOT net
    I live in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll play! My name is Sarah, my blog is at www.dandelion-chronicles.blogspot.com, my email address is firebug501 {at} gmail {dot} com, and I live in California. Thanks for hosting this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll play, too! nachomamasquilt dot com and my email is daniellewilkes at gmail dot com. I live in Texas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if I told you I wanted to, but Im posting here, too. Maybe it'll be easier to keep everyone straight!

    mrsnrichmond at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll play!
    jgreen0905@gmail.com
    I live in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to join the fun!!!
    tjf.haro@gmail.com
    Tucson, Arizona
    humbleharoabode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!